UNIVERSEUM WORKING GROUP FOR THE PRESERVATION OF "RECENT HERITAGE OF SCIENCE IN THE UNIVERSITY" (URHS)
Universeum’s Working Group for the Preservation of RHS is concerned with the study, conservation and interpretation of the heritage of science, technology and medicine produced after WWII.
Chair: Roland Wittje, Indian Institute of Technology Madras
URHS Working Group Aims:
- to identify specific issues related to the preservation of RHS;
- to reflect on the preservation of documentation associated with RHS, particularly of digital and oral nature;
- to reflect on selection criteria;
- to compile worldwide best practices, policies and guidelines on the preservation, study, conservation and interpretation of RHS and make them available;
- to assemble a ‘toolkit’ of standard processes that can be used by universities;
- to stimulate collaborative research and teaching projects between universities and museums on RHS across Europe.
URHS Working Group Activities:
The kick-off meeting of the RHS Working Group happened in Trondheim, Norway, 16 June 2012.
The RHS Working Group meets at least once a year during the annual Universeum Network Meeting.
The RHS Working Group will seek to disseminate its activities and outcomes through Universeum and other scientific conferences, as well as through publications.
- Selection criteria for recent material heritage of science at universities (PDF)
Document by Universeum Working Group on Recent Heritage of Science, 17 January 2014
- 14 June 2014 Workshop Report (PDF)
- 12 June 2015 Workshop Report (PDF)
- Checklist for the preservation and access of recent heritage of science (PDF)
- Literature on recent heritage of science (PDF) - Please contact Roland Wittje (email@example.com) for additions to the list of references.
- 10 June 2016 Workshop Report (PDF)
Joining RHS Working Group:
If you are interested in joining the Working Group, please send an e-mail to: Roland Wittje, firstname.lastname@example.org